Build with Prospect, is a sustainable design-build worker cooperative devoted to creating low energy homes and buildings. Prospect Architecture is the design portion of our firm located in Brooklyn, NY. The lead Architect is John Williams.
Build with Prospect, Inc. is committed to designing, constructing, and retrofitting homes with a focus on sustainable and ecologically sound principles. These principles help us provide our clients’ with a healthier more comfortable living space. At the same time we are reducing our clients’ yearly energy costs and improving the environment.
We strive to maintain and improve upon the look of old New York while applying the newest technologies and ideas in ecological and sustainable building. Wherever possible, implementation of the Passive House Standard in our designs and buildings is our goal. Click Here to learn more about this low energy building standard.
Our firm’s philosophy is to establish long-term clients through attention to detail, care and consideration of our clients’ needs and preservation of the quality and character of New York’s unique communities.
As a worker cooperative, we work as a team to provide a superior quality of work. Our dedication benefits both our clients and ourselves. We have a vested interest in doing the best job possible for your benefit.
- Free, no obligation consultation – We will meet with you to give you detailed information about how we can tailor our skills to your project
- Architectural Consultations
- Architectural Project Design
- Architectural Drawing Services
- Cost Estimation Services
- Project Phasing plans and budgets
- Filing Drawings for Department of
- Building approvals
- Bidding and Negotiating to determine the market rate cost for the scope of your project
- Construction Administration Support – We will meet with you on a regular basis to update and assess progress of your project
- We specialize in Passive House and high end residential construction
- Our Project Managers are BPI and Passive House Tradesperson trained and certified
- Project Oversight and Management
- We specify and use Sustainable Materials as much as possible within the client’s budget
- Our Worker Co-operative has its’ own highly skilled team members to complete the core of the work
- We have strong relationships with local tradesman to subcontract out the plumbing, electrical, roofing and other specialties to maintain the highest skill level and workmanship on the job
Energy Audit and Energy Retrofit Services:
- We are a BPI accredited contractor
- Many of our worker/owners are Passive House Tradesperson trained and certified
- We provide Environmental and energy consultations
- We can provide blower door and infrared camera testing to best assess your home
- Energy audits on single family and multiple family buildings
- Detailed Blower door assisted air sealing
- Comprehensive insulation work scopes including most types of insulation systems
- We can outline a course of action to upgrade your home’s energy performance
- Expert witness for construction related litigation
- Passive House Consultant